DAD AX Center Base lydinterface
1U 19" Rack Thunder|Core 984x984 digital Router and monitoring interface w. dual
Mic/Inst input, two headphone and two stereo monitor outputs Including the
ONBOARD functionality described above with additionally 2 CARD slots which can
accommodate any combination of AD, DA or digital cards (see CARD options)
Currently Available Expansion Cards:
• 8 Analogue Inputs (Line Signal)
• 8 Analogue Inputs (Mic Preamps)
• 8 Analogue Outputs (Line Signal)
• Dante Card (128 Ch.)
• Dual MADI Card (2 x 64 Ch.)
• AES Card (16 Ch.)
• SPQ Speaker EQ Processing
• Dual MADI Module (2 x 64 Ch.)
The Thunder|Core Audio interface is controlled via the DADman software. DADman can connect to the Thunder|Core interface either via Ethernet or via a communication channel in the Thunderbolt connection.
More units can be daisy chained via the Thunderbolt ports, and each unit will appear in DADman control software.
Using control over Ethernet the two RJ45 connectors acts as a switch for connection to more units. The Dante /AES67 audio is also passed on the two RJ45 connectors.
Thunder | Core Technology
Thunderbolt-portsThe DAD Thunder |Core Technology provides a Thunderbolt 3 connection with near-zero latency for interfacing between audio applications on macOS or Windows computers and the Thunder|Core audio hardware.
The interface provides a fast Thunderbolt 3/PCIe connection and data transfer with 2 samples latency on the connection and a total of 9 samples in the digital interface, as total also includes EQ and summing processing within the unit.
The channel capacity is up to 256 audio channels at 48 and 96 kHz, and the latency at 96kHz is 95 microseconds. The total round-trip latency with an audio software application will depend on the buffer size set for the application. With a buffer size of 32 samples, the latency is 670 microseconds at 96 kHz.
• 2 x Thunderbolt 3 Ports w. 15W Power Source Each
• 256 Bidirectional Channels at 44.1/48 kHz
• 256 Channels at 88.2/96 kHz
• 128 Channels at 176.4/192 kHz
• 64 Channels at 352.8/384kHz
Control Connection for DADman
• The Core Audio Thunder|Core Audio Driver
• Compatible with Intel and Apple Silicon (M1) processors, as well as Big Sur macOS and forward
• Core Audio Aggregates for More Applications I/O Control Connection for DADman
• ASIO Thunder|Core Audio Driver Compatible with Windows 10 and forward
• One Application Can Connect to the Driver
• Control Connection for DADman
The Thunder | Core products have been designed with a unique router core based on 32bit floating point processing and a low-latency and highly reliable FPGA based matrix structure. A timestamp mechanism provides equal latency for all signals routed through the core.
In total, AX64 has a capacity of 4,096x4,096 non-blocking cross points, which provides a capacity of 1,500x1,500 cross points on the I/O and processing level.
The matrix provides fixed latency routing of all inputs to one or more outputs with a latency of only 5 audio samples and supports sample rates from 44.1 to 384 kHz.
The channel processor provides a signal detection logic for all input and output channels, PPM level measurement as well as level control.
All inputs and outputs have processing for level adjustment and in addition, the core has a summing/mixing processer with 64 output busses and 512 inputs, which can be allocated to sets of input and output signals managed by the Pro|Mon monitor control functionality in DADman.
SPQ speaker EQ management is available natively in the core with access to 1,024 filters combined into 64 channels with 16 filters, each with adjustable delay.