Four channels of stellar audio processing in a full-function WheatNet-IP BLADE-3
This single rack unit BLADE-3 gives you four mic processors that are accessible from anywhere in your WheatNet-IP network, or acts as a standalone processor. The M4IP-USB offers four completely independent channels of DSP-based high quality voice processing as well as four independent USB ports.
The M4IP-USB Microphone Processor BLADE combines four high-quality microphone preamps, four channels of Vorsis Embedded microphone processing, four independent USB ports, and a WheatNet-IP BLADE interface, allowing you to place four microphone inputs anywhere in your WheatNet-IP Intelligent Network (although it also works just fine as a standalone processor). The preamps and processors are accessed and controlled from any point on the network via its Windows-based GUI.
The M4IP-USB is a great way to maximize your investment in on-air talent by combining four mic processors into a single rack space, accessible from anywhere. The M4IP-USB microphone processor is equipped with four matched Super-Quiet (SQ) microphone preamplifiers featuring an extremely low noise floor, very wide dynamic range, faithfully accurate transient response, and ruler flat frequency response. Operating in harmony with high quality 24-bit A/D converters and a 96kHz base sample rate, the M4IP-USB adds absolutely no undesired coloration to the signal and faithfully preserves the sound of any microphone and talent combination. It also features a four-section equalizer with high and low shelving EQ and two bands of fully parametric EQ, high and low pass filters, and de-esser and expander functions.
The signal path of the M4IP-USB includes four completely independent channels of Wheatstone’s smooth-sounding Vorsis dynamics processing. Adjustable from anywhere on your network, the M4IP-USB offers the security of password protected TCP/IP-based remote control and no front panel controls.
Wheatstone-designed Dynamics Processing tools
A high performance and fully adjustable downward expander, de-esser, and smooth sounding broadband compressor and selectable low distortion final look-ahead limiter round out the M4IP-USB to create powerful and authoritative presence to production or on-air microphones.
A variety of ready-to-use factory processing presets are provided, carefully tailored for different processing goals and formats. You can select a factory preset, confident that it will sound great just as it is. Or use a factory preset as a starting point and create a custom sound for each announcer, then save the new settings as a personalized user preset. In a facility with multiple microphone processors, presets saved in one unit can be easily copied to the others.
Based on great-sounding designs built for Wheatstone’s other high performance professional audio applications, the M4IP-USB’s equalization section operates predictably and adds no noise, ringing, phasiness or other undesirable coloration to the sound.
The M4IP-USB is a WheatNet-IP BLADE which gives it a great deal of additional functionality. All Wheatstone’s BLADEs are single rack-space interfaces that talk directly to WheatNet-IP control surfaces, other BLADEs and compatible third-party equipment. They contain features such as router control, logic control, gain control, two 8-channel utility mixers, silence detection and switching (among other things).
- Four extremely high performance microphone preamplifiers with 48V phantom power
- Four completely independent processing channels
- Four independent USB ports
- Four stereo analog line level outputs
- Four stereo AES outputs
- All digital, field proven Wheatstone-designed advanced processing algorithms
- Phase Scrambler to correct asymmetrical voice waveforms
- High- and low-pass filters
- Fully adjustable downward expander
- Precision de-esser sibilance controller
- Four-bands of EQ: low-frequency shelving, two-band parametric, high-frequency shelving
- Broadband compressor
- Final precision peak limiter – can be defeated if desired for lower latency
- TCP/IP-based remote control from anywhere via M4IP-USB Remote Control Software
- Talent Control Interface software for preset recall without processor control
- Front panel metering of input and output levels
WheatNet-IP BLADE-3 features include:
- 12 Universal Logic ports (GPIO)
- Front panel headphone jack
- Front panel LED bargraph metering
- Built-in routing control
- Two built-in 8-channel utility mixers
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Silence sensing can be applied to any output
- Built-in Audio Clip Player
- Front Panel Logic Indicators
- LIO/SLIO Logging
- Associated Connections
- Dual OLED Displays
- Clock/Sync Indicators and more