Schoeps CMIT 5 U
- Shotgun mikrofon "Hollywood standarden!"
• unusually low coloration of off-axis sound
• suitable for music recording as well as dialogue
• rotationally symmetrical polar patter
• even greater immunity to wind noise than a SCHOEPS supercardoid
• very lightweight, robust all-metal housing
Shotgun Microphone CMIT 5 U
The CMIT 5 is SCHOEP's shotgun microphone which has set a new standard for shotgun microphones since its release. The CMIT 5's directionality increases smoothly with higher frequencies, which results in a very balanced sonic character. In addition to this, the microphone's sound level decreases softly yet steadily for off-axis sounds, allowing these to be recorded neutrally as well as reducing the effects of movement during boom operation. The CMIT 5 also has a much stronger directionality than one might expect from a microphone of its length. If required, the CMIT 5 can also be used for music recordings, for example opera recordings.
The sound quality of the CMIT 5 remains consistent even if the microphone is rotated on its axis, since its directional pattern is the same in both the vertical and horizontal planes.
Three pushbutton-activated filters allow the microphone to adapt to the recording situation:
• High-frequency emphasis (+ 5 dB at 10 kHz) enhances speech intelligibility, and compensates for high-frequency loss caused by windscreens;
• A steep low-cut filter (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses wind and boom noise;
• A gentle low-frequency rolloff (6 dB/oct. below 300 Hz) compensates for proximity effect.
Pairs of LEDs next to each pushbutton indicate the status of the filters. Even in darkness the user can read the settings and see that the microphone is operational. The settings are retained when the microphone is switched off.
The capsule and amplifier of the CMIT 5 U are built as a single unit, unlike microphones of the SCHOEPS "Colette" series.
Frequency range 40 Hz - 20 kHz
Sensitivity 17 mV/Pa
Equivalent noise level (A-weighted) 14 dB-A
Equivalent noise level (CCIR) 24 dB
Maximum sound pressure level at 0.5% THD 132 dB-SPL
Powering voltage 48 V
Current consumption 4.4 mA
Maximum output voltage 1.3 V
Impedance 50 Ω
Minimum recommended load impedance 600 Ω
Length 251 mm
Diameter 21 mm
Weight 89 g