SSL Plug-in Controller
UC1 is a hardware plug-in controller like no other.
Dedicated knob-per-function Channel EQ and Dynamics controls, centre
section featuring full Bus Compressor controls and authentic moving-coil
gain reduction meter combine to offer the most creative, intuitive, and
ultimately effective way of controlling the new SSL Native Channel
Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins within your DAW session.
Console ergonomics and workflow
SSL production tools are the benchmark for studio ergonomics and
workflow. UC1 draws on decades of analogue and digital console design to
develop an intelligent and deeply integrated SSL plug-in control
surface that lets you focus on your production goals and not the
UC1’s layout of encoders, switches and colour groupings offer
professional SSL console ergonomics seamlessly integrated with our most
advanced Channel Strip and Bus Compressor plug-ins to date. Multiple
parameters can be controlled simultaneously and precisely, equipping you
with a production tool that nurtures muscle memory, provides unmatched
sonic flexibility and inspires operator confidence.
Every detail of UC1 has been implemented to keep you in control and
informed of how your mix is reacting to processing. Dedicated front
panel encoders accompanied by an on-board hi-res display allow you to
move quickly between instances of Channel Strip and Bus Compressor
directly from the surface. You can also load presets, as well as alter
the Channel Strip process order.
SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer
At the heart of the UC1 system is the SSL 360° Plug-in Mixer, view
and control all of your Channel Strips and Bus Compressors in one place.
360° Plug-in Mixer offers an efficient way of interacting with multiple
plug-ins simultaneously, further bridging the gap between console and
Channel Strip and Bus Compressor
UC1 provides dedicated controls of all key Channel Strip 2 plug-in
parameters. EQ, Filters, Compressor and Gate/Expander controls offer the
same configuration and visual feedback as found on large-format SSL
consoles, allowing you to quickly home in on your channel processing
At the heart of UC1 are Bus Compressor controls. Its authentic layout
and metering feels like you’re controlling a hardware bus comp built
into the centre section of an SSL console. With a classic moving coil
gain reduction meter as found on SSL consoles since the 1970’s, it
represents the Bus Compressors time constants and gain reduction
characteristics perfectly for producers and engineers to know exactly
how it’s reacting with their instruments, sub groups and of course mix
SSL Native Channel Strip 2 & Bus Compressor 2 Plug-ins
Full licenses of SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2
plug-ins are included with UC1. Channel Strip 2 is a a fully-featured
Channel Strip, based on digital modelling of the EQ and Dynamics curves
from the legendary XL 9000 K SuperAnalogue console. V2 adds SSL’s
proprietary anti-cramping algorithms and the ability to trigger the
dynamics sidechain externally. Bus Compressor 2 adds a tonne of user
requests, with additional Ratio, Attack and Release options, the ability
to trigger the sidechain externally, as well as x2 and x4 oversampling.
- Legendary SSL workflow and console ergonomics meets the power of SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins.
- Every UC1 purchase includes full licenses of SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins (worth $479.00)
- Knob per-function control of SSL Native Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 plug-ins.
- Muscle-memory operation and constant visual feedback via the smart LED rings.
- On-board display tells you which Channel Strip and Bus Compressor
plug-in UC1 is currently focused on, as well as giving you a value
readout of the control currently being turned.
- Load Plug-in Presets and change Channel Strip routing directly from UC1.
- Authentic moving-coil Bus Compressor gain reduction meter, driven from the SSL Native Bus Compressor plug-in.
- SSL Plug-in Mixer (hosted in SSL 360°) provides a place to view and
control of your Channel Strips and Bus Compressors, all from one
- Switch between 3 different DAWs that are connected to the Plug-in Mixer.
- High Quality all metal enclosure, with a brushed anodised top plate.
- Hi-Speed USB connection to computer.
- Powered by SSL 360° Mac and PC software.