Thunderbolt™ / USB3 / AVB Ethernet audio interface with DSP and mixing
- 16-in/18-out hybrid audio interface for studio and live sound
- ESS Sabre32 DAC technology delivers 123dB of dynamic range and superb audio quality
- Optimized drivers yield round-trip latency as low as 1.6ms at 96kHz via Thunderbolt and 1.9ms via USB
- 8 analog inputs accommodate a wide variety of line-level gear
- 8 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O expands your system with additional gear
- Onboard 32-bit floating point DSP-driven digital mixer with EQ, dynamics, and effects provides latency-free routing
- Hook up a wireless router and take complete control of the onboard mixer from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone
- MOTU's AVB audio networking expands your system with additional AVB-equipped audio interfaces
- Create an AVB network via optional AVB Switches with support for up to 5 compatible interfaces
Equipped with the renowned ESS Sabre32™ DAC technology, the 8A delivers the same superb analog audio quality and proven, award-winning performance as MOTU's flagship 16A audio interface, giving you everything you need to turn your computer into a powerful 24-bit/192 kHz digital audio workstation.
The 8A connects to any computer or iPad™ with Thunderbolt™, super-speed USB 3.0, AVB Ethernet or USB class-compliant firmware. New optimized MOTU drivers work with all your favorite audio apps, delivering industry-leading, ultra-low round-trip latency (RTL) performance as low as 1.6 ms at 96 kHz over Thunderbolt with high-performance DAW hosts.
Housed in a rugged, compact enclosure you can take anywhere, the 8A provides eight channels of pristine analog I/O and a front panel headphone jack, combined with eight channels of ADAT optical digital I/O, for a total of 34 simultaneous audio channels.
Connect all of your studio gear, including synths, keyboards, drum machines and effects processors. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Extensive routing features let you patch ins to outs, or split inputs to multiple destinations. Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating point effects processing. Add Classic Reverb™ with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ carefully modeled after British analog console EQs. Choose between two forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the Leveler™, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A™ optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
After recording and mixing in the studio, unplug the 8A from the computer and take it on stage for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. Control everything over Wi-Fi from your favorite web browser running on your laptop, tablet and smartphone.
Through AVB/TSN Ethernet, connect another MOTU AVB interface for more I/O or connect to an expanded MOTU AVB network with multiple interfaces and computers.
From studio to stage, the 8A delivers exceptional sound quality, state-of-the-art operation and rock-solid performance.