When you need premium sound quality limiting and convince of fast and precise recall and automation, the mastering limiter offers, 100% analog signal path, plugin recall and automation within your project, frequency dependent saturation, MS processing, enhanced metering section and a large LED touchscreen minimising clutter on your main studio screen.
Get analog mastering sound quality results, fast and spare your recall time.
The sound of the limiter is of course based on the quality of its hardware design. But all the control and user interactions are performed in the digital domain. This allows us to incorporate options and possibilities not found in any standard analog limiter:
- Save and recall presets
- Instant reset of all parameters
- Rapid, precise and repeatable adjustments
- Precisely linked stereo operation with the ease of a single control
- DAW automation
- Comprehensive metering operations based on high quality A/D conversion and DSP
Great care and thought went into the development and implementation of the analog section of the Bettermaker Mastering Limiter. High quality capacitors and low noise op-amps are used in the analog path. Relays were used, whenever creating the shortest path for the audio signal was necessary.
The analog section consist of high quality input/output buffers capable of passing thru high level audio signals (up to +23dBu, balanced, THD < 0.1%)
All these modules are controlled by the digital section of the Mastering Limiter, so no mechanical switches or knobs are required to adjust any of the parameters.
The digital section of the Mastering Limiter is based around two high speed, 32- bit micro-controllers, with dedicated firmware programmed into their memory (with the possibility of updating the firmware via USB connection). One of them is responsible for controlling the VCA limiter, when the other watches over the user interface, presets management, audio measurement, USB connectivity and other Mastering Limiter functions.
The use of separate ground planes for analog and digital section results in perfect noise isolation between these two worlds. The linear power supply was used instead the switching one to improve the sonic qualities even further.
Metering, an additional screen in your studio. As it’s a touchscreen it also utilizes control functions of the Mastering Limiter. You can view your favourite set of stats.
- Input, output and reduction
- Analog style meters (VU, PPM, RMS, Peak with peak hold functionality)
- LUFS (Short term, Integral, Loudness Range, view in time)
- K metering
- 30 Band FFT analyzer
- Correlation meter
- Two points of measurement, the output of the Limiter or the plugin
The Bettermaker Mastering Limiter can communicate with your DAW via USB connection. The unit appear as a HID device and can be managed via Bettermaker Mastering Limiter Plugin.
- Maximum input level: +21,5 dBu (balanced)
- Maximum output level: +23 dBu (THD < 0.1%)
- Operating Level: +4dBu
- Maximum gain reduction: 20 dB
- Makeup gain: automatic
- Attack time: 0.1 – 250ms
- Release time: 0.01 – 1.3s + IREL (intelligent release)
- Input impedance (differential): 48kO (for balanced signal)
- Output Impedance: 50O + 50O (electronically balanced)
- Frequency response 5Hz to 30kHz; +/- 0.1dB
- Dynamic range: 107 dB @ +21 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- THD+N: <0.03%, +4 dBu, unity gain, 20 kHz BW
- CMRR: max 80 dB @ 3 kHz, min 55 dB @ 50Hz, 20 kHz BW
- Crosstalk: min -90 dB @ 1KHz, max -57 dB @ 30Hz, +18 dBu, 20 kHz BW
- Maximum power consumption: 30W (uses 630mA slow blow fuse)
- 2U enclosure, 230mm deep
- Shipping weight and size: 5,5kg, 62x37x21 cm