Merlin PLUS Codec for Multiple Simultaneous Remotes
expand your remote capability with the award winning Merlin PLUS and
manage up to 6 simultaneous mono connections with IP codecs, or
smartphones using Report-IT, saving money on codec hardware costs and
reducing studio rack space requirements.
Merlin PLUS is the ideal 1RU codec for studio installations and offers a simple, compact and scalable solution for:
- Up to 6 bidirectional mono remotes.
- 2 x Bidirectional mono or stereo remotes, each with separate bidirectional IFB communications channel.
- You can even stream multiple algorithms simultaneously at different sample rates and bit-rates over IP, SIP, ISDN and POTS! Merlin PLUS is a must-see at NAB, with features like:
- SmartStream PLUS redundant IP streaming for rock solid audio over the public internet.
- Multiple backup options like dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, dual internal power supplies, audio silence and automatic network failure detection.
Flexibility and Interoperability
Many broadcast networks are transitioning to IP but still require
connectivity over ISDN or POTS. Tieline Merlin PLUS codecs deliver
flexibility by allowing you to connect over ISDN, POTS or IP networks as
required. Simply purchase optional ISDN G5 or POTS G5 modules, insert
them in the codec and you are ready to connect over ISDN, POTS or IP on
Merlin PLUS supports both IPv4 and IPv6 (Dual Stack) protocols,
so broadcasters can be assured that they have made a smart investment
for the future as new networks and technologies emerge over time.
Connect over IP with any SIP-enabled IP codec brand that supports the
EBU N/ACIP tech 3326 standard, as well as VoIP telephone devices
supporting G.711 and G.722. Merlin PLUS is also compliant with I3P
EBU334 requirements for interoperability of AoIP production intercoms.
Merlin PLUS is capable of 16-24bit 22kHz low latency linear PCM audio
at up to 48kHz sampling. the codec also features a wide selection of
professional algorithms, including aptX® Enhanced, LC-AAC, HE-AAC v1 and
v2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELDv1 and v2, Opus, MPEG II, MPEG Layer-3, Tieline
Music and MusicPLUS, G.722 and G.711 algorithms. Merlin PLUS supports up
to 6 simultaneous streams of Opus encoding.
NEW Features at NAB
A new firmware upgrade v2.16.xx will deliver a huge range of exciting
new features absolutely free to all Tieline customers. This can be seen
for the first time at NAB2017. Features include:
- Full integration of Program creation into the HTML5 Toolbox
web-browser Graphical User Interface (GUI) for all Genie, Merlin and
- A program scheduler tool which automatically connects and
disconnects scheduled programs using a simple calendar-based user
- Support for Fuse-IP network bonding
- All Merlin codecs now support connecting a USB Wi-Fi modem and streaming IP audio over Wi-Fi.
- Deterministic SIP routing.
- Adding 6 SIP user accounts and 2 SIP interfaces.
- WheatNet-IP logic in WheatNet codecs.
- Round-robin call answering in multi-stream codecs.
- Codec caller IDs.
- Codec upgrades using a USB stick.