Grandmother is a semi-modular analog synthesizer with a built-in arpeggiator, sequencer and spring reverb tank. Start playing immediately with “no patching required” then explore an infinite sonic playground with Grandmother’s endlessly reconfigurable
front panel. Grandmother’s circuits, spring reverb, and spirit are inspired by the classic Moog Modular Synthesizers, making this instrument a powerful addition to a Mother-32, DFAM or Eurorack modular system.
Grandmother is a sonic playground that harkens back to Moog’s
modular roots, where synthesis is not only about the end result, but the
journey of discovery and experimentation. While capable of highly complex
sounds and modulation, Grandmother's semi-modular design requires absolutely no
patching, ensuring that human beings of any skill-level can easily explore and
experience the joys and magic of analog synthesis.
Inspired by the classic Moog modular synthesizers that came
before it, Grandmother's sound engine, modulation engine and onboard spring
reverb tank are completely analog, resulting in an unrestricted sonic
vocabulary of immeasurable beauty and power. In addition, Grandmother also
features an easy to use Arpeggiator and Sequencer for added enjoyment and
Though not required, creative patching and exploration are the
keys to discovering exciting new relationships between modules and to truly
unlocking Grandmother’s infinite expanse of auditory inspiration. Patching can
also be used to override internal connections, allowing each section to
function just as an independent module would.
In addition to its standalone function, Grandmother is also an
ideal analog audio processor for external sound sources, and a powerful
keyboard front end for expanding a Mother-32, DFAM or Eurorack modular system.
• Hardware Spring Reverb can be used to process external
• ¼” External audio input for guitars, drum machines, and more.
• Semi-modular - no patching is required
• Easy to use Arpeggiator and Sequencer
• Store up to 3 sequences with up to 256 notes each
• 2 Analog Oscillators with selectable waveshape and hard
• Classic 4-Pole 10Hz-20kHz Ladder filter
• Patchable 1-Pole High Pass filter
• Analog ADSR Envelope Generator
• Analog LFO with audio-rate capabilities
• 32-note Fatar keyboard with velocity
• All normalized connections can be interrupted for full
• DIN MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB MIDI
• Patchable bipolar attenuator
• Works with Mother-32, DFAM, Eurorack modular systems and
• 41 patch points with 21 inputs, 16 outputs and a
Parallel-Wired 4-jack Mult
GRANDMOTHER DESCRIPTION AND DETAILS MOOG.COM