dB technologies VIO C12 vertical line-source array
Upgrading arrayable loudspeaker concept to a brand-new level,
dBTechnologies proudly presents VIO C, a complete series of 2-way active
line-source speakers for the widest range of venues and applications,
from installed PA systems to sound reinforcement for touring.
Designed to create horizontal or vertical line-source arrays and featuring a simple yet rapid rigging system, VIO C offers the most flexible coverage options as well as the powerful and pure acoustic performance that distinguishes all VIO cabinets. The series encompasses 3 enclosures housing premium neodymium components:
- VIO C12 (1x12”, 3.5” v.c. LF and 1x1.4”exit, 3” v.c. HF),
- VIO C15 (1x15”, 3.5” v.c. LF and 1x1.4” exit, 3” v.c. HF)
- VIO C212 (2x12”, 3” v.c. LF and 1x 1.4”exit, 3” v.c. HF ).
- 2-WAY ACTIVE LINE-SOURCE SPEAKERS
- HORIZONTAL SCALABLE LINE SOURCE CLUSTER OR VERTICAL CONSTANT CURVATURE ARRAY
- EXCLUSIVELY DESIGNED WAVEGUIDE FOR MAXIMUM HF DIRECTIVITY CONTROL
- NEODYMIUM COMPONENTS
- 1600W RMS DIGIPRO® G4 AMP TECHNOLOGY
- FULL RANGE SMPS WITH PFC
- ADVANCED DSP FEATURING LINEAR PHASE FIR FILTERS
- FULLY NETWORKABLE VIA AURORA NET
- OLED USER-FRIENDLY INTERFACE
- ACCESSORIES COMPATIBLE FOR ALL MODELS
VIO C12 Technical Data:
Speaker Type: 2-Way Active Cluster Loudspeaker
- Usable Bandwidth [-10 dB] 52 - 19.000 Hz
- Frequency Response [-6 dB] 55 - 18.000 Hz
- Max SPL: 139 dB
- HF: 1x 1.4”, 3” v.c. - Neodymium
- LF: 1x 12”, 3.5” v.c. - Neodymium
Horizontal Directivity: 22.5°
- Vertical Directivity: 55° (+20°/-35°)
- Amplifier: 1600 W RMS Class-D Digipro® G4
- Cooling: Convection, Internal fan
- Power Supply: Full-range SMPS with PFC
- Controller: DSP 32 bit
- AD/DA Converter: 24 bit/96 kHz
- Limiter: Dual Active Peak, RMS, Thermal
- Processing (filters): FIR Linear Phase
Analog and Digital IO:
- Signal Input: 1x XLR female, balanced
- Signal Output: 1x XLR male, balanced
- Expansion Card: RDNet Card (1x RJ45 IN 1x RJ45 Link)
- DANTE Card [Optional]:
- Power Socket
- 1x PowerCON TRUE1 In
- 1x PowerCON TRUE1 Out
- Controls: 1x OLED User Interface
- IR positioning System
- 380V Resistant SMPS
- IPOS Intelligent Power-On Sequence
- Opto-isolated floating pre-amp
- Housing: Multiplex plywood - Polyurea painting
- Handles: 4 x handles (2 on back, 1x side)
- Rain Cover: Included
- Rigging Points: Corner Quick Link
- Width: 379 mmHeight: 787 mm Depth: 495 mm Weight: 30.9 Kg
The whole series is equipped with latest generation 1600 W RMS Class D Amp module Digipro G4 driving a powerful DSP and allowing each system to deliver impressive SPL (139 dB for VIO C12, 140 dB for VIO C15, and 141 dB for VIO C212).
As a default, VIO C are equipped with dBTechnologies RDNet card for real time monitoring and remote control via Aurora Net software. The preamplifier is ready for future upgrades with Audinate Dante card. Featuring an exclusively designed waveguide as well as an asymmentrical horn, any single VIO C enclosure precisely provides a horizontal 22,5° angle coverage pattern. When matching companion cabinets, users can easily set up scalable horizontal clusters, adapting the VIO C to the venue and application in use. Thus, a 4-cabinet side-by-side configuration delivers a 90° horizontal dispersion, an 8-cabinet cluster reaches a 180° horizontal angle and so forth, up to a 360° coverage with a 16-cabinet set up. Infrared ports are placed on top and both sides of each cabinet so that the speakers can recognize the size and configuration of the system when linked together horizontally or vertically.
VIO C series scalability goes far beyond that. In facts, VIO C12 and VIO C15 models can also be coupled vertically, simply by turning a speaker upside down and placing it on the top of a companion speaker. The infrared ports placed on the top of the cabinets allow the two speakers to communicate and to be processed as a single unit, manageable via the on-board display or via Aurora Net software. This way, users can easily set up double-line clusters (up to 32 elements) and modify the vertical dispersion pattern via digital steering. Finally, VIO C12 and VIO C15 design also allow to create up to 4-module constant curvature arrays.
VIO C clusters can be rapidly assembled thanks to the LP-1, a metal link-plug accessory (1 is included in each VIO C unit) which links the rigging points placed on the corners of each cabinet and flown via the DRK-C fly-bar for the cluster configuration - adding the DRKL-3 fly-bar link when 3 speakers are needed and the DRKL-4 for 4 speakers – and the DRK-CCA fly-bar for the constant curvature array configuration.
Enclosures are made of plywood reinforced by a black polyurea finish. A removable rain cover is included in each cabinet which is also equipped with 2 side and 2 back handles easing transport and setup.