MOTU 4PRE Hybrid Audio Interface USB2/FW
4pre product description - 50 words
Only the 4pre gives you four flexible "combo" style mic inputs with preamps, combined with intuitive hands-on mixing, at such an affordable price. Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity to any Mac or PC means your investment is future-proof. Advanced features include balanced connections, rock-solid DDS clocking, an instrument tuner, a full-featured oscilloscope, bullet-proof drivers, renowned reliability, and award-winning sound.
4pre feature highlights
- All in All — 6 x 8 compact audio interface with four mic preamps and mixing
- Compact size — fits easily in a backpack and next to your laptop.
- Studio-grade audio — record with clean, transparent mic preamps and professional balanced connectors.
- Four flexible mic inputs — mix and match mics, guitars, keys, etc.
- Two headphones — work with others, free from noise restrictions.
- Hands-on mixing — use the 4pre as a monitor mixer while recording or as a live mixer, with no computer.
- Simplicity by design — just plug in and go. No involved setup.
- CueMix software — control four mixes with simple tabbed interface.
- Tuner, oscilloscope and more — real-time FFT, spectrogram waterfall, X-Y phase analysis, and other tools.
- Hybrid connectivity — connects to any Mac or PC with USB or FireWire.
4pre product description - many words
The 4pre provides mobile operation and flexible connectivity to a Mac or PC via FireWire or USB2, with professional audio quality at sample rates up to 96 kHz. _The 4pre offers plenty of I/O, including _four mic inputs with preamps, alternative guitar/line inputs, analog main outs, two extra line-level analog outputs, stereo S/PDIF, and two stereo headphone outputs.
Housed in a rugged, compact enclosure you can take anywhere, the 4pre is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the 4pre provides 6 _separate inputs and 8 separate outputs.
Connect any studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, _drum machines, or even effects processors. Record, monitor, and mix all live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix DSP digital mixer — with no latency and no processor strain on your computer.
Use the 4pre’s on-screen CueMix software to tune your guitar and other instruments. Analyze and scope your audio with advanced diagnostic tools, including a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram waterfall display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot, and linear/polar phase analysis graphs.
After programming the on-board mixing in _the studio, unplug the 4pre from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with convenient front-panel controls.
The 4pre provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via industry standard WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac OS X, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing, processing and mastering.