The API Select T12 Tube Mic Preamp
The API Select T12 is a classic 2-channel, all-tube, Class-A microphone preamplifier designed with API’s proprietary AP2516 transformer in the input stage and a custom API transformer on the output stage. Built with 12AT7WC and 12BH7 dual-triode vacuum tubes, the T12 represents a new and exciting variation in API’s preamplifier technology and provides the user with unique tonal options. The T12 can handle a wide range of production applications including stereo operation.
Carefully engineered to deliver classic tube performance and sound, the T12 delivers API’s famous warmth, punch and clarity in an all-new way and features our industry-exclusive Five Year Warranty.
- All-tube, Class-A microphone preamplifier
- Proprietary AP2516 input transformer
- Audio circuit uses 12AT7WC and 12BH7, dual-triode vacuum tubes
- Custom API output transformer
- Variable microphone input impedance
- Switchable 48-volt phantom power
- High-impedance, unbalanced ¼” instrument input
- MIC/HI-Z input switch
- -20dB input pad
- 11-step detented preamp gain control
- Low-cut filter with 3 fixed frequencies
- 11-step detented output trim with 0.5dB steps for precise control
- Detented controls for accurate recall and channel matching
- LED peak indicator
- Classic analog VU meters for output
- XLR and ¼” TRS output connections
•Input Impedance: Microphone: 500Ohm, 1500Ohm, 2000Ohm, & 2500Ohm(variable) HI-Z: 500kW
•Output impedance: 75 ohms, can drive 600 ohm loads
•Maximum input level: +24dBu with-20dB PAD engaged and gain set to 20dB
•Gain Range:0db to +70dB
•Maximum output level:+24dBu
•Frequency Response:20Hz–30kHz (+0dB /-1dB)
•Size:19” x 3.5” x 12” Deep
•Size (Boxed for Shipping):21” x 9” x 15”
•Actual Weight:14 lbs.
•Shipping Weight: 17 lbs.