The LavryGold AD122-96MkIII
is the AD converter of choice for
top Recording, Mastering, and Post Production studios around the world.
In a field muddied by an abundance of mediocre alternatives, the MkIII
clearly defines the height of quality. The audibly superior results
obtained with the MkIII can be a real competitive edge.
The AD122-96MkIII features performance claimed by many but rarely
achieved. With a -127dB noise floor 20-20kHz and 0.00005% distortion for
signals below -40dBFS, the AD122-96MkIII offers unprecedented detail
and accuracy. Extremely close inter-channel matching that extends to the
lowest signal levels preserves the spatial placement and depth of the
stereo image. Ultra-stable internal and external clocking circuitry
virtually eliminates the “non-musical” distortion effects caused by
jitter in conversion. With unique self-calibration circuitry, conversion
accuracy is maintained over a wide range of operating temperatures, and
the effects of circuitry aging are minimized. Precise handling of
“clipping” and Lavry’s exclusive selectable Soft Saturation facilitates
“hotter” recording levels without undesirable artifacts.
Soft Saturation is a digital emulation of analog tape saturation
which leaves the signal completely linear below the threshold, with
selectable 3 or 6dB of additional level. For signals above the
threshold, the process has no attack and release time constants which
could cause undesirable “pumping or breathing” by interacting with
compression or limiting applied either before or after conversion.
- 24 bit conversion at 96kHz, 88.2kHz, 48kHz and 44.1kHz
- Unequaled detail and performance
- True -127dB noise floor
- 0.00005% Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise
- Lavry’s exclusive acoustic ßit Correction™ for wordlength reduction with dither and noise shaping
- Switchable digital soft-knee limiter, +3 or +6dB gain
- Precision reference meter bridge
- Fully programmable digital test tones for system alignment
- AES and word clock external synchronization 40-51kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- DC removal
- Absolute Polarity Inversion
- Multi-converter synchronization
- Post Production
- Noise Floor at 44.1-48KHz sampling:
- -130dB ±1dB from full scale A weighted
- -126dB ±0.5dB from full scale unweighted
- Noise Floor at 96KHz sampling:
- -127dB ±1dB from full scale A weighted
- -123dB ±1dB from full scale unweighted.
- Output Bits:
- 16 to 24 bits, user selectable.
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise (Specified for 22-24 Bits output, balanced inputs):
- 0.00005% for signals lower than -40dBF
- 0.0004% for signals lower than -20dBF
- 0.0008% for signals lower than -6dBF
- 0.0012% for full scale signals
- Channel Separation:
- Greater than 120dB (0-20KHz)
- The analog signal can be amplified by 0-12dB utilizing the front
panel screw adjust trim pots. Full-scale signal with 0dB gain is 24dBu,
(full-scale signal with 12dB gain is 12dBu).
- Absolute Maximum Input Level: +24dBu Balanced, +18dBu Unbalanced regardless of Gain setting.
- Input impedance over 0-100 kHz: greater than 20k ohm (pin 2 to pin 3).
- XLR connector: AES/EBU levels into 110 Ohms for digital audio or TTL level into 110 Ohms word clock
- XLR AES/EBU output transformer coupled. Compatible with most RCA/SPDIF inputs using simple wired adapters or adapter cables.
- 90-264 VAC @ 47-63Hz , Fuses 0.75A Fast 250V Fuse Size 5 mm x 20 mm.
- The power supply automatically adjusts to AC inputs in the range of
90 to 264 volts at line frequencies between 47 and 63 Hz. It is not
necessary to change any settings.