Dave Smith REV2 16-voice analog Synthesizer
Første levering forventet i mai/juni. Begrenset antall! Kontakt oss for reservasjon av din REV-2.
A Modern Classic Reinvented
The REV2 is Dave Smith’s reimagining of his Prophet ’08 poly synth — a
modern classic that has appeared on countless recordings and stages
since its debut in 2007. As Dave puts it, “The REV2 is the realization
of our effort to enhance and improve everything we could about the
original design — all at a more accessible price.”
The REV2 retains all of the key features of the Prophet ’08 and
expands on them. It has twice the polyphony, twice the mod matrix,
waveshape modulation on all waveforms, digital effects per layer in
stacked or split voice mode, a polyphonic step sequencer per layer, and
more. The result is a true analog powerhouse.
Best of all, you can download any of the many existing libraries of
Prophet ’08 sounds and they will not only sound identical, but can be
enhanced with the new features.
With 16 voices to play with, you have the freedom to allocate them as
you wish. Play two-fisted chords, stack two 8-voice sounds for massive,
complex textures, or split the keyboard into two completely separate
The REV2 gets its bold, punchy sound from its 2/4 pole, low-pass,
resonant Curtis filters per voice. These are the same filters used not
only in the Prophet ’08, but in many classic instruments of the 70’s and
80’s. A separate Audio Mod control adds additional harmonic complexity
A powerful new feature unique to the REV2 is waveshape modulation.
You can now vary the “pulse width” of any of the four waveforms
(sawtooth, saw+tri, triangle, square). Using the Shape Mod control, you
can manually dial in a desired waveshape width or use an LFO or other
mod source for continuously shifting timbre. Even single-oscillator
sounds take on new depth and dimension. The tonal possibilities are
Effects Per Layer
The effects section provides reverb, delays (standard and BBD),
chorus, phase shifter, ring modulation, and distortion. In stacked or
split voice mode, you can apply a different effect to each layer.
Effects parameters can be modulated through the Mod Matrix.
Extended Mod Matrix
Also present from its predecessor is an easy-to-assign Mod Matrix,
now twice as big, with 8 individual slots and many more
sources/destinations. It’s a veritable sound designer’s playground.
Poly Step Sequencing
The polyphonic step sequencer allows up to 64 steps and up to 6 notes
per step. You can create a different sequence for each layer when you
are working in stacked or split voice mode, making it a powerful tool
for composition or performance. The sequencer also functions as a
modulation source in gated mode, allowing you to create up to 4
different 16-step sequences for complex modulation. Sequences allow ties
and rests, and can sync to an external MIDI clock. The arpeggiator
features note repeats, re-latching, and can be synced to external MIDI
clock, as well.
The knob-per-function front panel offers instant access to REV2
functions. Included are 512 permanent factory programs and 512
rewritable user programs.
All of this polyphonic power is packed into a five-octave,
premium-quality, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel
aftertouch. Other road-worthy features include an integrated power
supply, USB support, and a crisp OLED display, making the REV2 an ideal
instrument for gigging or recording, and an analog powerhouse like no
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with
selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- White noise generator
- Analog VCAs
- Hard sync
- 1 analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 envelope generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- 4 LFO’s with key sync per LFO
- 4 x 2 modulation matrix with 20 mod sources and 43 mod destinations
- Programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiation
- 5-octave keyboard with semi-weighted action, velocity, and aftertouch
- 52 knobs and 20 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Spring-loaded pitch wheel and assignable mod wheel
- 256 fully editable Programs (2 banks of 128) with 2 Layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4? unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4? unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages
ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4? stereo phone jack.
- Includes power supply for 110V – 240V AC operation (13-15 VDC, 600 mA) and operation manual.
- Oiled African mahogany wood end panels
- Dimensions: (32.26 cm) W (89.20 cm) (9.65
- Weight: (9.3 kg)